As I move on with the third draft of my romantic thriller I’ve taken the step of sharing my jacket blurb on Facebook. I’ve also shared Chapter 1 to give a taste of my writing style. My theory is that even if only 1 in 10 people who see the post actually go in and read either one of them then my marketing has started successfully. If I am fortunate enough to attract any reasonable comments I’ll add a second chapter to my blog next month.
My graphic is a working cover page for the e-Book and may not resemble the finished article. I’ll use Twitter and local media when the time is right and I’ll continue to plug the story on Facebook. My other intention is to print off and distribute five copies to readers for market research purposes.
The jacket blurb I’ve used is only an experiment and may well change, but the first chapter is close to the finished article as it stands now.
My main investment has been time and effort but depending on the result of my strategy I may have to put money into the pot. I’ve worked out at the moment that a single photocopy of the manuscript is going to cost me £9. If all goes well I hope to recoup whatever outlay I have in that area.
I will very shortly live up to my promise to myself to reduce my retail working hours which will mean a serious drop in pay, but a vast increase in time invested in writing. In order that I don’t look as if my retail work is actually going backwards and out of control, I fully intend to alter my status and profession on any social media with which I’m connected – so watch this space.