I’d like to start this new year by celebrating ‘firsts’.
This is the first month of 2018, and the start of my first full year of retirement. I’ve had a few weeks practice to get accustomed to the idea. To celebrate, I’ve reduced the price of all of my ‘first‘ in series to a mere 99p (or equivalent), and it’s an ongoing promotion.
What are my main targets for the writing year ahead?
– I have novels underway and intend to publish them this year.
– I aim to resurrect pages of notes and compile another anthology of short stories.
Czech Mate – a thriller set in Scotland and the Czech Republic.
Codename: Nightshade – a spinoff from my successful Beyond The Law trilogy.
One Man: Two Missions, and other stories – a collection of short stories and flash fiction.
What could be better than two more novels and another anthology?
I also intend to produce:
Curious and Camping – an erotic novel.
Quiet Night Inn: and other erotic stories – a collection of 12 short stories.
The updates and details of these two titles appear on Tom Benson – Erotica.
Apart from my titles:
– I’ll be assisting my distant friend and fellow author Carmen Lopez to compile her second anthology. Carmen is the author of Alone: and other short stories.
– More reading and reviewing will be in order.
– I will continue to work with the other members of the IASD to produce the next anthologies we’ve planned.
– This may be the year I finally tackle the idea of a paperback version of my titles. I have the first in mind, but I’ll keep the title under wraps until I’ve made progress — or I need help.
– I’ll continue to go out on my bike rides to do a lot of my thinking and planning. My choice of ride affects my thought process, but more of that in a later post.
– I’ll also be drawing and painting, which are wonderful pursuits to allow ideas to develop.
– This year I will try my latest hobby – baking. What has that got to do with writing, you might ask. It depends on the results, but at present, I’m hoping that like cycling, it will allow my mind to wander. I can’t promise to publish pictures of my early failures, but I will no doubt let you see my successes.
Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.
May the new year be as good to you as you wish.